Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Genesis of Adoption Blog

As I begin to write, I look at my wife who is so excited just to be writing an adoption blog. To be honest, I dig it too. Since we decided that this what God wanted to do, as far as starting a family, I've been really looking forward to love'n on kids that aren't mine biologically...and blow'n peoples minds. I mean let's be honest, me and Linz with a couple Africans will turn a few heads here in good 'ol Galesburg.

More than that I think we view adoption as our God given mission or calling. 1st Corinthians 1:26-28 talks about how God chooses the overlooked, the outcasts, and the have nots to shame the hollow lives of the 'somebodies'. When I think of our future children I see the truth in what Paul wrote.

I looking forward to having a family, not that we aren't already, but adopting children will take some getting used to. Being foster parents I think we've gotten used to the fact that there's a 99% the children we love, care for, and raise as if they were our own, will one day, return home. While this is heartbreaking to have happen I think it's made us stronger and we'll be better able to handle the difficulties of international adoption as a result.

Another verse that's spoke to us is Hebrews 13:2. The writer talks about never turning down shelter and food to a stranger because we may be 'Entertain'n Angels' in disguise. I think Lindsey and I have definitely experienced the truth of this verse in the lives of the 3 little boys we've helped raise over the last year. It's exciting now to see this being played out in the lives of children living a 1/2 a world away.

There's a lot more that could be said concerning this new chapter in our lives...but it's late and I suppose the reason for this blog is that we'll keep writing. So, stay tuned cause there's more to come.

Blessings,

Jordan & Lindsey

P.S. HUGE ADOPTION GARAGE SALE FUNDRAISER JULY 23RD 5AM-2PM

P.P.S. 1298 CAMPBELL AVE. GALESBURG IL (between Whitesboro and Phillips St. off of E. Main St.)

2 comments:

  1. Miss you guys. Thanks for sharing your life & journey, praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you guys and we are soooooo happy you are starting this adoption process. You are going to be blessed beyond measure!! God does awesome things while building families!!

    ReplyDelete