Monday, October 31, 2011

I Am But Clay...

In a time of daily reading I read this...

"It is days like these when I remember I am but clay. It is days like these when a future as that Starbucks barista looks intensely inviting. How did I wind up here after all? Oh, I remember. I said yes to the Lord. I may be a simple clay vessel, but the Father is pleased to let His glory be carried in earthen clay vessels who have said yes. And yes can be a dangerous little word. Days like these are actually quite useful, because if I did not have them, I might forget that the glory is His. I am but clay" -Michele Perry-

So, Lindsey called me on her lunch break (if you want to call it that). She usually gets 20 minutes to herself, but not always. And I've come to learn that if Linz calls me at this time of day it ain't just to chat, she means bizzness!!! At this point in our professional and personal lives things are a bit overwhelming to say the least and that's what she called to vent about. In response to her list that would make the most laid back person worried I gave some advice that I've been attempting to give myself (again and again)... Don't let what has and is a blessing become your curse. Meaning a lot of what we hope and pray for isn't just handed to us, we have to work long, hard, tiring hours for it! God wants it that way, so in turn we appreciate it all the more.

With that being said, here's an update on what's go'n on with the Knights and the battle we're currently fighting in order to keep our focus on the BLESSINGS that are all around us!

1. We sent in two applications for two grants for our adoption - man those weren't fun to fill out! We're hopeful for a good return on a lot of hard work!
2. This friday we're traveling to Naperville, IL to be finger printed by the FBI for our adoption - we're praying for the gas/food money to get us there and back safe and sound.
3. One week from friday we'll travel to Peoria for Yellow Fever shots (amongst others) and hopefully still have time to take care of our passports!
4. Nate the Great turned 9 months old today!!!! He's also cutting new teeth (all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth seems very fitting) and we're praying for the strength and sanity to make it through sleepless nights. Also, we're praying for relief for our lil one as these sharp daggers the doctor calls teeth rip through his lil baby gums!
5. Baby number two is due to arrive Dec. 31st and it's a BOY! We've been praying for a family for years and before we ever travel to Africa for two forever children we'll already have two boys - that's right Nate's lil Bro will be helping the Knights ring in the new year! Lord help us!
6. Somewhere in-between all the adoption and foster care stuff Linz and I still have jobs to do and I somewhere in there a relationship to keep alive and healthy so we could definitely use some prayer there too!

More than anything we are thankful that God continues to redirect our selfish focus back on to his overwhelming love, a place where we can clearly see the many ways he is blessing us daily! We are thankful to be earthen clay vessels! Simple, ordinary, and easily overlooked vessels, yet chosen by God to do mighty things, so that HE may be glorified! Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

We are thankful for all of you who read, support, and pray for us daily! May you be forever blessed!

We are but Clay,

Jordan & Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment